Saturday: 120825

Posted: August 24, 2012 by Todd Katz in WODs
Tags: , , , ,

Our wonderful coach Megan, is sadly leaving us to take on a new job in Blacksburg VA. Although we are upset to see her go, it is also a wonderful opportunity for her therefore we would like to send her off in good Hammer Down fashion. We will be celebrating this Saturday, August 25th, at the Bull Run Winery in Centreville. Please join us from 2pm onwards to say your congratulations and good byes. You are welcome to bring a cooler with snacks and soft drinks although the winery does sell items (fairly expensive). If the weather is nice, you can also bring a lawn chair or blanket to relax on. We hope to see many of you there.

Here is a link to the winery: http://www.wineryatbullrun.com/

“Megan”

3 Rounds For Time:

30 Wall Balls 20/16 10 ft. target
16 KB Cleans 1.5/1 pood
30 Double Unders
16 Landmine / Shoulder Press combo 90/78
30 Pushups

Post time to comments:

Comments
  1. Matt V says:

Megan, apparently Todd is angry about you leaving if he is naming this WOD after you. I say a lot of WODs look easier written down, but this one looks like it could suck already and I dont even know what a landmine/shoulder press combo is (yet).

Congrats on the new position and best of luck!

2. Leigh N says:

Megan – You are sending us off with this WOD instead of the other way around! Killer! Congratulations on your new career – I am sure you will be a huge success:) JP and Chris learned much from you and will miss you at Xfit kids. Best of luck!

3. Megan says:

I would like to point out that I had NOTHING to do with the programming of this WOD. I don’t know what a landmine/shoulder press is either:) See y’all in the AM!

4. Claudia says:

Best of luck in your new Adventure!

5. Rich T. says:

8am open, woke up early going to 7 am

6. Brieann S says:

DNF – had 16 shoulder press, 30 push ups, 30 wall balls left.

Zombie tag was fun!!! We’ll miss you Megan you were a gret instructer :(

7. thipham says:

33:40 Rx

Holy Cheese and Crackas, that was H.A.M.!!

Thank you to all the coaches for pushing us through that WOD.

Best of luck Coach Megan to the next leg of you journey Coach Megan. You will be dearly missed by your HD family!

• thipham says:

Oh, forgot to mention. I was dry heaving after the WOD and could barely drag myself back in the box to stretch with everybody else. It was schweet!

8. Jeff says:

31:48 RX

9. Alaina says:

34 w/ green ball

10. Leigh N says:

23:25 – Mod on landmine and WB (16/14#)

For those of you STILL doing Annapolis run tomorrow and want a ride a few of us are leaving from Safeway on West Ox at 5:30am…..whose idea was this anyway????

11. Larry says:

19:00, 1 pood, 4x singles, 58# landmines, 20# WB

12. Stephanie says:

23:43
    Mod: DU’s/landmine/WB (14#)

13. Evva says:

Heavy Mods for hip:

30 Mountain climbers (for DUs)
    16 Knees to elbows with twists (for landmine)
    30 Push Ups (knees)
    30 Wall balls upper body only (#10)
    16 Ring Rows

27:05

14. drewish princess says:

16:17rx…that was a rough one

Congrats on the new job and thx for the equipment hook up. You will be great in you new job. Can’t wait to hear how the football coach and you get along!!

15. Rebecca B says:

WOW!
    33:34, singles, 9′ target for wall balls, rest RX. Landlines @58# which was RX on board but not blog?

16. salbec says:

19:26 Rx

Fun final coach’s WOD with Meg! Going to miss you so much!! Best of luck in your adventure ahead!

17. Jon says:

21:09. LM/Shoulder Press at 45, my shoulders are still torn up from JT on Thursday, and weren’t having any of the full-weight action.

18. Todd Katz says:

21:21 Rx — Tough workout.

Megan, when you come back to visit we will definitely do this WOD again in your honor.

I remember your first workout with us at Hammer Down. back in the garage days. I remember how you were the only girl using the “Bubba” pullup band which you named. I remember when you made the transition to the green band…. I remember your first Nutrition Challenge with us and how well you did!!! I remember all your little successes!!! Especially the day you got off the pullup band. I remember working with you on your squat for 3 years and I know how much better it’s gotten. I remember our very first Kids CrossFit WOD and the passion you brought with being our Kid’s coach.

When I designed this workout I knew it was going to be tough, but then again so are you! Looking back over the last 3 years I’ve known you I know one thing…. You have had way more successes than you did failures, and any failure you had, you turned into a success. No one knows what the future will bring, but I know that based on the past and how you live your life, I envision only more successes for you!!!

You are going to be missed.

Todd

19. Miss you already Megan and your beautiful smile.s

MOD WOD: 25# weighted situps for wall balls, 24″ box jumps for cleans, burpees for pushups
    screwed up on landmine/strict press, only did a total of 16 not 16 of each, did them at 48#

time about 20 minutes

20. clawson410 says:

Had to do this one to honor Megan! Will miss your smile the most…..

28:03 14# WB 48#landmine

21. weealip says:

20:58 (did singles on my good leg instead of double unders)

Megan you are a wee ray of sunshine and you will be missed at Hammer Down. Good luck with your new adventure and know that we are cheering you on every step of the way :)